Lindsay A. Freedman
- Employment Law
- Employment Law - Employee
- Employment Law - Employer
- Wage and Hour
- Sex Harassment
- Civil Rights
Lindsay A. Freedman, Esq. has successfully represented clients in federal and state court in a wide-range of employment and business litigation. Mr. Freedman founded Freedman Law, LLC to fight for workers' rights and provide a voice to those who have been wronged in the workplace. He litigates all types of employment law matters—for both employees and employers—including discrimination, sex harassment, disability, whistleblower, and wage and hour claims. Mr. Freedman’s practice regularly includes Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Equal Pay Act, False Claims Act, Maryland Wage Payment and Collection Law, non-compete agreements, employment/severance agreements, contracts, and insurance claims.
A Northern Virginia native, who now resides in the suburbs of Maryland, he represents businesses of all sizes across Maryland, Virginia, and the greater Washington D.C. region. Mr. Freedman fights for families in their darkest hour, and obtains significant settlements for those having experienced discrimination or a wrongful termination. In addition, he strategically advises companies and navigates them through the myriad of regulatory issues that impact their business. In the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, he represented individuals in bankruptcy, foreclosure, debt collection, and consumer litigation/fraud claims. He also advises his clients regarding estate planning and wills.
Mr. Freedman has been named Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in both Washington, D.C. and Maryland. He is a member of the prestigious Board of Governors for the Federal Bar Association, Maryland Chapter. On behalf of the FBA, he chairs an annual pro bono "Wills for Veterans" event to celebrate our nation’s service-members. In his “spare time", he spends quality time with his wife and son Brody, and frequents scenic hiking trails all over the DMV.
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- Honors: cum laude
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Major: Political Science
- Superlawyers Rising Star- Maryland
- Superlawyers Rising Star- Washington D.C.
- Wills for Veterans - FBA , 2018 to 2019
- Thatcher Law Firm, LLC, Senior Associate, 2016 to 2020
- Maryland Legal Aid, Staff Attorney, 2015
- Maryland State Bar Association, Present
- Federal Bar Association- Maryland Chapter, Member of Board of Governors, Present
- Maryland Employment Lawyers Association, Present
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Assoc, Present
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, Present
- Howard County Bar Association, Present